Designed to support community economic and workforce development needs in metropolitan Kansas City, the Professional Edge Breakfast Series offers KU faculty and staff as presenters on current topics. Professional Edge provides:
- Focused conversation around key workforce topics being faced within many organizations today
- Discussion on current trends and practices
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- An atmosphere for individuals to interact and discuss specific ideas
Our Professional Edge breakfast series takes places each semester on the Edwards Campus.
- Time: 8 to 9 a.m. (pastries and coffee provided at 7:30 a.m.) on Wednesday mornings.
- Cost: Free and open to the public
- Location: KU Edwards Campus, 12600 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66213
Upcoming Series Schedule
Thursday, Feb. 13:
Leawood Morning Mingling, register here.
Start the year off with a dynamic networking event co-hosted by KU Edwards Campus and the Leawood Chamber of Commerce.
Regnier Hall Lobby, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 5
Organizational Training and Development: Past, Present, and Future
Dr. Bob Isaacson, lecturer, KU School of Education
The American Society for Training and Development’s (ASTD) standards focus on changes driven by economic forces, demographic shifts and evolutions in technology and communication. This presentation will discuss emerging technologies that will shape the future of education and workforce training. An open dialogue will follow regarding critical training needs in Greater Kansas City organizations.
Wednesday, April 2
Building Partnerships That Last
Blane Harding, director, KU Office of Multicultural Affairs
This presentation will focus on the changing demographics of society and the impact these changes will have on the workforce. It will include a close look at these changing demographics, the organizational benefits of this change, how do you recruit and manage a diverse workforce, and finally what role do you play in this process.
May - Date to be announced
Sixth Annual Leadership Symposium